Tuesday, April 27, 2021

Where did you go, Doc?

 Dear friend,

Thank you for your visit - I haven't spent much time here myself for quite a while (as you may have noticed).  I loved making and sharing thoughts here - and for the most part, it was a matter of recording daily devotions, largely without much interpretation.  

When I started, it was as a supplement to my work as a motor vehicle sales consultant, at the suggestion of a wise and entrepreneurial colleague.  When I departed, it was largely due to the onset of my wife's Alzheimer's dementia, which absorbed our lives for most of a decade, until her graduation in April, 2018.  

In more recent days, I was fired from my sales training job as CoViD became a reality and the company's owners and managers sought to minimize expenses as they put the dealership on the market.  After a season living with a generous stepson and his family, I've taken up residence in a seniors' community where I have a comfortable small apartment - my cloister cell, as I see it - and where a capable staff provide food, shelter and some protection from things like the SARS-COV-2 virus - they got us all vaccinated early in the rollout.

After my wife's death, I've poured more energy into living intentionally - I've walked off more than 40 pounds of long-accumulated suet, and added a '26.2' sticker to my small SUV, commemorating my 75th birthday when, as an experiment, I walked 26.5 miles - not a formal marathon, but significant for myself.  

I've been profoundly blessed by relationships, not least during the planetary multiform crises we've all shared in the past months.  And my heart-overflow, the communication I once would have recorded here, has been channeled to my personal Facebook page - it is essentially an open journal, more varied and more deeply revealing (and probably less attractive) than the older entries in this 'Joyride' blog.  I'm not riding, exactly - sort of yoked with Christ - these days, but the intuition that joy has great value, which helped christen this blog, has simply deepened over the course of my recent years.

So, let me invite you, sister, brother, friend, to come and visit me at 'Will Hensel' on Facebook - there are a few Wills and Williams there; I'm the geezer in the blue shirt :-).

Joy, peace, safety and all good to you, sister, brother friend, and to everyone in your heart-circle,

In Christ's holy love,

Dr. Will 

No comments: