Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Believe. Turn. Live. Unto Jesus!

Wednesday, March 29, 2017
Devotions: Ps 101, 109, 119:121-44; Jer 18:1-11; Rom 8:1-11; Jn 6:27-40

I will sing to You, YHWH, of loyalty and justice.  I will heed the way that is blameless--when will You come to me?  I will walk with integrity of heart within my dwelling; I will not set before my eyes what is base.  This is a challenge I have faced for many years, Lord!  I hate the deeds of those who fall away; set perversity of heart far from me.  I will know nothing of what is evil!  I will look favorably on those who are faithful; I will separate myself from deceit and lying, and those who practice these sins.  Let God not be silent; let those who hate me be set aside by His power and grace. Father, keep me from joining in unkindness and cursing.  Let God's steadfast love abide with me and keep me from harm.  My heart is stricken, Lord; spare me this agony!  Save me according to Your steadfast love, and put my accusers to shame, since Jesus has triumphed over sin and death.  I will praise God with my voice, in the midst of His people.  God stands by the needy and save us from those who would condemn us to death.  Do not let the godless oppress me; teach me Your statutes; give me understanding that I may know Your testimonies.  I love Your commands above all else, and seek to direct my steps according to Your precepts.  Unfolding Your words brings light and understanding--the very things I long for!  Keep my steps steady, Lord; let no iniquity dominate me.  Make Your face shine on me, righteous Lord, and give me understanding, that I may live!

YHWH sent Jeremiah to the potter's house, where the craftsman was working at his wheel.  YHWH said, 'Israel, can I not do with you as this potter does with the clay?  I am Master; I can pluck up or cast down, build or destroy any nation, as he does with his handiwork.  Return from your evil ways and your ungodly activities!'

As God has delivered me through the Messiah's faithful sacrifice, there is now no condemnation, since I am found in Jesus.  The law of the Spirit of life in the Messiah Jesus has set me free from the law of sin and death.  The law, weakened by the flesh failed; but God has done what the law could not.  We walk by the Spirit, setting our minds on the things of the Spirit.  That is life and peace.  Fleshy minds are hostile to God, and neither can nor will submit to God's law.  As the redeemed, we are in the Spirit, Who dwells in us.  And all in whom Christ lives have died to sin and death, and are alive because of His righteousness.  And God, Who raised the Messiah Jesus from death, will give eternal life to our mortal bodies through His Spirit Who indwells us!

Jesus told His disciples:  don't labor for perishable food; seek food that endures to eternal life--provided by the eternal Son, on Whom God the Father has set His seal: believe on Him Whom God has sent.  I Am the bread of life; whoever comes to Me will not hunger; those who believe in Me will never thirst.  All whom the Father gives Me will come to me, and I will never cast one out.  I came from heaven to do His will Who sent Me: that I should lose nothing and no one He has entrusted to My care--all this I will raise up at the last day.  My Father's will is that everyone who sees the Son and believes in Him should have eternal life; Belieand I will raise them up at the last day.  Amen!



No comments: